Monday, March 26, 2012

Greetings from Iowa

I never know what to put in introductions. If I put too little, I sound uber-boring and it's hard to remember me; if I put too much, I sound very self-absorbed and it's hard to forget me. So, hopefully I strike somewhere in the middle!

Here we are just a few weeks ago at the zoo!

My name is Amber and my husband Justin and I live in Iowa while he goes to dental school. We just started, so we're here for at least 3 more years! When he's busy at school or busy studying, I'm entertained by our two children: Caleb and Mackenzie. Caleb is 2 1/2 years old and loves trucks, diggers, tractors, trains, planes, and lately popcorn trees; Mackenzie just turned 10 months on Sunday and has just started pulling herself up to stand. She loves FOOD. That about covers her!! Well, I guess she loves her brothers cars, too.
Justin is the perfect man for me--a blend of fun, diligence, and just a smidge of sarcasm. We enjoy playing games together, reading together, and yes, we've gotten sucked into Lost; but with the regime of dental school it seems lots of hobbies and habits have been put on hold.

As for me, I'm a mom. Not a woman, mind you, a Mom. Caleb told me so. I love it but there's so much to learn!! I'm hoping this Motherhood challenge will give me the kick in the pants I need to keep improving! And I'm so excited to get to know more cool gals all over the place! Y'all sound great!

2 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! I miss you and your laugh. So glad you're doing this! Adele loves Wally's cars too. Dolls and purses may never enter this house; we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha awesome- I love that your little guy said your a mom, not a woman. I hear ya on having to put hobbies on hold through school! It's hard to squeeze it all in. There just arent enough hours in a day. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete