Sunday, March 25, 2012

It's Sunny! oh and I'm Angela

First off, it's sunny today. Dance! Run! Skip! Jump! and squint. Isn't the sun so enabling! Second, hi, I'm Angela and I live in Seattle. It's true what they say, "it rains nine months out of the year." But that's ok, we all have good days and bad days right?

Anyway, I'm really excited for this challenge. Somehow Marisa must have known that I was ready for more intentional mothering. I feel like I'm coming out of a dark, 11-month-long cloud. And like I said, it's sunny! Adele, my daughter, was born April 4th last year (yay for April babies, right Marisa and Janel?). Well Adele is beautiful (see below) and she also didn't sleep for longer than 3-4 hour stretches (on good nights) up until a few weeks ago. Then I got an awful case of mastitis and suddenly Adele refused to nurse, still refused a bottle, moved to a sippy cup and voila! She sleeps 11 hours night. Miracles are fantastic. Annnnyway, I share this to say that I'm excited to move from survival to thriving.

So here's us:
Excuse the Christmas thank-you card, the one I never quite sent out
We've lived in Seattle for a year and half now. My husband Justin is doing a double masters program at University of Washington--an MPA and Russian MA. He's awesome and we like each other. I have two little friends, Wally and Adele. We hang out. Wally is two and half and loves words, people, and cookies. Adele is more introverted, observing, beautiful, and a tease. I feel very lucky to be at home and work the home-front of our family business. Excited to learn from you all and this course; especially on things like being intentional, creative, organized, and disciplined.

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea you were in Seattle! Gosh I'm a dork for not knowing. Isn't it the worst when you really want to know about people but you just never have the time to connect? Where are you living? My Hubs is from Seattle so we go out there every year or so. He's family lives near Tacoma, you guys probably aren't that far outside of the city. That's fun he's at UW. You're not Huskies fans now are you? And I can totally relate to the rain (London and Seattle have the same grey skies). Wow- only minimal sleep for a year and then mastitis!? You're a saint (aka a mom). I'm glad you're finally getting some needed rest. And I LOVE the name Adele! A girl in my ward just named their daughter Adele (they call her Ellie for short, not that Adele needs to be shortened). I love it! I'll probably have to use it (cross my fingers we have a girl).Your kids are super cute! So glad I get an update on your life :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how funny; small world. We are living in North Seattle, so the other direction but loving it. And yes, I thought of you and your rain--sorry. Where in London do you live?

      Delete
  2. Angela, you just make me happy. I love your cute family and your optimistic/fun outlook on life. It is really quite contagious. I am SO glad you are getting some much needed rest! Yippee for sleep! Isn't it heavenly? I am so glad you are doing this challenge. Thanks again for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that Adele makes the BEST faces ever in pictures. Perhaps she could teach Lucy?? I'm so glad its sunny up there too!!! Its amazing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy is doing just fine; those 6 months of her are adorable! Her smile is fantastic. And her chins. If you got it flaunt it, right?

      Delete
  4. I've heard rumor that it has been a particularly rainy season in WA this year. I'm so glad you are getting SUN!! I love rain, but I don't know if I could do rain that often. Your little ones are absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete