Thursday, March 22, 2012

Intro to Janel

Here is my family!!
My name is Janel. I also live in Omaha, Nebraska. I am lucky to be in the same ward as Marisa:) My husband and I moved to Omaha over a year ago. My husband works for Union Pacific Railroad. (I laughed out loud when he said that he was going to apply to a railroad company. Apparently, railroads are still in business and doing well.)

I am a stay-at-home mom with the cutest little boy in the world named Bronson. He will be turning one shortly. I like to grow vegetable gardens and play the piano (when my son lets me). I also would like to confess my chocoholism. One random fact, is that I am 6' tall and my husband is 6' 7'' tall. No, I don't play basketball (although my husband does).

I am excited to get to know all of you better. Thanks to Marisa for organizing this!

7 comments:

  1. I especially loved two things about this. 1. That you laughed when Phil said he was going to apply to UP. 2. That you mentioned that you don't play basketball. I bet you get asked that a lot due to your height. I hadn't ever really thought about that before. So glad you are joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice to "meet" you. And your cute little man is turning 1 soon? When is his birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He turns one on April Fool's Day. Just a few days older than Gavin:)

      Delete
  3. Nice to meet you! First, I love the name Bronson! What a cute little man he is! Your husband works for Union Pacific? Sounds like a western love story set back in the early 1900s...sounds so romantic and adventurous! Is it as awesome as it sounds? So the real question is...how tall is Bronson? Maybe if I'm lucky, my little man will be that tall (if only I had a few more inches!). And I want to learn more about your vegetable garden....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha. Definitely not a love story from the 1900s. We met at BYU and my husband works in the accounting department on the 18th floor:) And Bronson is pretty tall for his age. Tall enough to grab things off the table that he is not supposed to get.

      Delete
  4. The railroad?! That's totally awesome. We just had a high councilman in our home a few nights ago who worked for the railroad in Utah...and I, like everyone else, thought it was relatively extinct! That's awesome. Its great to meet you! I'm excited to get to know you better...and you're totally lucky to be in Marisa's ward. We like her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about Bronson's already overflowing love for basketball, as seen on display at the men's basketball game on Saturdays? =) It get's me every time. Love how excited he is. What a little man!

    ReplyDelete