Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I MADE IT!!

With Marissa's patience in helping me, I finally made it! She's been an awesome visiting teacher and friend, and I'm so excited to be a part of this group. Thank you for putting this together!

Well, here I am - my name is Jessi Nelson. I love to read (if you are looking for some good books, I just finished: The Hiding Place by Corrie ten Boom  and Yearning for the Living God by F. Enzio Buche. Both are phenomenal). I graduated from BYU-I in Visual Art, so I love graphic design, painting (though, I'm not fabulous at it), making posters for events, and creating fun things for our house (though the downside is, while I love creating, I'm never quite sure where to put it/hang it/hide it - like the super ugly ceramic bowls I worked really hard on in college, but don't yet have the heart to put them out or throw them away). I minored in Dance and Home and Family Studies. My husband, Cody and I are living in Omaha with our 6 month old daughter, Emma. Cody is currently finishing his first year in the Doctorate of Physical Therapy program at Creighton and doing a fabulous job. I'm really blessed to have such a hard worker as my side-kick in life.

Plus....

He puts up with my shenanigans.

 A few examples just to illustrate:

 - The Home and Garden show
I sweet talked him into this. You see, we don't own a home, but I thought it would be awesome! You know, get out, look at some cool home/garden things, dream of the future home?  . . . It was uber lame. Lots of siding. BUT the saving factor?  They had a wild animal show (...because every home should have a wild animal??) and I got to hold a Kinkajou from South America! Sure beats studying on a Saturday, right, honey?



- I love to make up random songs to sing to Emma. I sing them all the time. Often I change primary songs to include her name, our names, etc.


- My desire to invent new (and sometimes interesting) meals for dinner. He is so good to try everything and tells me honestly what he thinks. Multiple versions of Butternut Squash Soup in one day was quite the adventure... though, a story for another time.

All joking aside - he really is my better half. He's kind, patient, smart, an amazing dad, and best of all he loves the Lord. I am really blessed to have him for the rest of forever!








4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! I started to try and get Danny to go to the home show and then I looked it up and realized that it was not what I was thinking it was. I had gotten it confused with the parade of homes. Very different. So we didn't go. I think it is awesome that you went and that you got to hold a Kinkajou (I have no idea what that is but it looks really cute in the picture and so does Emma)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were smart - I looked it up, but only to find out where it was and how to save money getting there. hahaha... luckily a random lady handed us two free passes before we got to the ticket counter. I think that saved my hiney a little bit. I was thinking it was more of a Parade of Homes as well... hmmm... next time, next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So which butternut squash soup recipe was best? I'm very intrigued. Oh and nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha... good question. Are you asking me or my husband? The running joke in our marriage about Butternut Squash Soup is, "would you could you with a fox, would you could you in a box?" indicating I made SO MANY different kinds just aching for him to actually LIKE one... but alas... no good.

      I like to chop it, add it along with some saute'd onion to chicken broth. Cook until soft. Put it in a blender, a little salt and pepper = yum!

      Delete