Monday, April 16, 2012

Change of Heart: Marriage


To make up for failing last week, I read this week's lesson yesterday. I approached it rather humbly because I had been a down-right grump several days last week. Not in words or actions necessarily but I felt all a rage inside and I know it came across. I hate that dark feeling, and the way it puts a feeling of distance between Justin and I. This lesson was really good for me. Here are the words I'm pulling out of it and then my goal:

Unselfishness
Forgiveness
Change

And my goal is to continuously forgive Justin. Not that he has sins to forgive, but rather when he doesn't respond to something the way I expect or want or he doesn't meet some silly expectation I've created for a situation. I hate the reaction I feel inside to such things. I want to act not react. My parents always said, "High expectation before marriage and NONE afterwards." You'd think after years of hearing that I'd learn. I've been reading in the New Testament about forgiveness. I love the parable in Matt. 18:23-35.

I love the picture above. And the way to "fix it" like the lesson says is to fix ourselves. I'm grateful for the Atonement, daily repentance, laughter, and a good husband.

And now to figure out that date night...

1 comment:

  1. First of all, love that picture! So cute. I love the things you pull out of these lessons. I want to have your brain when I read things. You always come up with such great questions to ask and the truths that stand out. No wonder you are so smart you are an expert learner! I really want to be more like that.

    ReplyDelete