Sunday, April 8, 2012

Money money money

I'm still here. I've been reading all of your posts and been so inspired! I haven't had the chance to comment on your posts but I've been reading them and I've definitely been thinking about all your advice. My husbands wants to thank you all. We spent the week in Scotland with my family and although TOTALLY tempted to buy SO many souvenirs I said, "no we can't afford it" after reading all your posts about having a budget and trying to keep to it. My husband couldnt believe I used such restraint. I've been SO inspired. I want to be like all of you. I want to be better at making and keeping a budget. My hubby is into finance so too often I just let him take over the budget stuff because it stresses me to the max. It makes me grumpy ha ha (Maybe it wouldn't if we had lots of money coming in). But it doesn't work very well because I'm the one buying things- he's the one budgeting- but my purchases don't always match "his" budget. And he is all too forgiving when I go over budget. We have learned a lot the best year of living off debt but we have a long way to go. But to be completely honest, ive been putting of writing a post because I feel completely inadequate and overwhelmed when talking about budgets. I'm just not good at it. I think being frugal is such an amazing gift, one I just don't have yet. I say yet because I'm working on it. I think it takes practice. We have a lot more school in our future so I have many more years of practice in our future. Sometimes it's just easier not to think about it, no one likes to think about all the debt they owe to the government. But it's important to establish a budget and work to stay within it. I'm promising myself to be better. Thank you all for your examples. I LOVE the recipe swap idea. Thanks for all the great recipes. I'm not the best at cooking (there another source of stress...money and cooking). Many of the ingredients are a bit different here in London so sorry if these recipes aren't cheap for you.... This is my current go to recipe. Lime chicken tacos 3-4 chicken breast 2-3 limes juiced Taco seasoning (homemade would be cheaper) 1 cup salsa Just put the chicken in a crockpot. Mix taco seasoning with lime juice and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Once chicken is cooked, shread it, then mix in the cup of salsa (I add about a cup and a half and some jalapeƱos for flavor and spice yum!). Scoop into tortillas and top with cheese, sour creme, lettuce, tomatoes, etc. We usually just eat it with cheese cause we are cheap like that. ----------------------- Thanks for all your advice and input. I really love it. You are all so encouraging and is sightful.

1 comment:

  1. You need to give yourself more credit. I am pretty sure you have been making your own baby food and that is pretty darn economical if you ask me. We are all a work in progress and I think this is one of the hardest areas of life. At leas it is for me.

    P.S. I am SO excited to try there tacos. They sound way yummy and who doesn't love an easy crockpot meal! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete